Monday, March 15, 2010

An unknown error occurred while accessing an unnamed file

When working with the Microsoft Dynamics AX Debugger the other day, we ran into following error:










An unknown error occurred while accessing an unnamed file. So I guess Ax doesn't have a clue on what's going on, right?




The Ax client crashed, the debugger came up with the above error text. It was not possible to close the debugger the proper way, we had to kill the process.


Once we got this error, we always got it with every breakpoint that was set in the code.

We googled the web for a solution or a cause, but came up short of an answer. Badly written X++ code probably caused the crash of the client, which in term caused the debugger to respond with the error message (after all, when there is no client to connect, there's nothing to debug)


The only solution left for us was to restart the AOS service (and rewrite our custom code). After that, everything runned fine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment