Thursday, November 5, 2009

Error - Client: Unexpected target (0)

When posting a packing slip in the Sales module, we got confronted with following error:

Client: Unexpected target (0)

The packing slip got posted however, only the printout failed.

For some users, everything went smooth and the packing slip got posted and printed. For others, it failed at printing. That's why we tought of a security issue involved, but testing with different security rights did not solve the problem.

When searching the web for a solution, we came across the blog of Palle Agermark, which featured a post about this particular error message. Unfortunately, no such luck for us, the problem persisted. (Excellent blog though, definitely recommended.)

Next focus for a solution: SysLastValue. Lots of time before when we ran into problems with reports, deleting the SysLastValue for the user solved the problem. Only in this case, we could not find an entry for the report SalesPackingSlip. Searching harder, we found an entry for SalesFormLetter_PackingSlip. And bingo: When we deleted the user data for SalesFormLetter_PackingSlip, our problem was solved.

Once again, deleting the appropriate values in SysLastValue (usage data) solved the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment